The Safe Reading Zone Campaign is designed for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender individuals. There are several resources to help those who may be questioning their sexuality, afraid of coming out due to their current situation, or are feeling bullied due to their sexual orientation.
It is our hope that both individuals and their families will find this website helpful and informative to foster a healthy environment where their loved one is understood and feels supported.
You are not alone.
- The United States & Canada:
- The It Gets Better Project
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- The Trevor Project: 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386) in Canada KIDS HELP PHONE at 1-800-668-6868.
- Rome Metropolitan Area: 800-713-713
- United Kingdom:
- London Lesbian and Gay Switchboard: 0300 330 0630
- The Lesbian and Gay Foundation: 0845 3 30 30 30
- Ireland LGBT Helpline: 1890-929-539
- Fédération S.O.S Amitié France: (+33) (0)1 4009 15 22
- Gay and Lesbian Switchboard (Victoria): 1800-184-527
- Gay & Lesbian Counseling Service (South Australia): 1800-182-233
- Gay & Lesbian Counseling Service (New South Wales): 1800-184-527
- Reachout-Youth Sexuality Project: 08-9328-9044
- Lifeline - a 24 hr telephone crisis support 13 11 14
- Kid’s Helpline – a 24 hr telephone counselling service for 5 to 25 years olds 1800 55 1800
- Reach Out Australia - a 24/7 anonymous web-based service for young people
- Twenty10 – a space for the support of young people of diverse genders, sexes and sexualities, their families and friends
- PFLAG Australia & other links
- Gay Couselling Centre: 030 2336 9070